How long does my video need to be?
Each video category has a different maximum length:
Brand ad: 30 seconds
Movie trailer: 1:30 minutes
Music video: 3:30 minutes
What should my video be about?
Choose 1 category out of the 3 options: an advertisement for a made-up brand, a trailer for a made-up movie or a music video that must include lyrics.
Can I create a video for a real brand or movie?
No. You should invent your own brand or movie and use made-up names and titles. Do not use trademarked names.
Can the music video be instrumental only?
No. If you create a video for the music video category, the music you choose must include lyrics.
How do I submit my entry to the challenge?
1. Download your Edit Challenge kit from the website
2. Create your best edit using footage from Artgrid and music from Artlist
3. Use the png image from the kit as the first frame of your video
4. Upload your video to YouTube
5. Include the following in the title of your video: ‘Artgrid x Artlist Edit Challenge’ & ‘#AGeditchallenge’
6. Get bonus points by uploading a timeline breakdown of your edit on Instagram (make sure to use the #AGeditchallenge hashtag and tag @artgrid.io and @artlist.io).
Should I use a specific editing program?
No. You can use any editing software you like.
Do I have to use music from Artlist?
Yes, all the music in your video must be from Artlist. You must not use music from any other source.
If you're a subscriber, you're all set, but if not, sign up for a free trial account and use watermarked songs for your entry.
Do I have to use SFX from Artlist?
No, you can use any sound effects you like.
Do I have to use footage from Artgrid?
Yes, all the footage in your video must be from Artgrid. You must not use footage from any other source.
If you're a subscriber, you're all set, but if not, sign up for a free trial account and use watermarked footage for your entry.
Can I use my own music or music from other sources or websites?
No. All of the music must be from Artlist only.
Can I use my own footage or footage from other sources or websites?
No. All of the footage must be from Artgrid only.
Can I submit multiple entries?
No. Only one submission per person/team/company will be accepted. Creators who submit multiple entries will be disqualified.
Can I use voiceover in my video?
Yes. You can use your own recorded voice over.
Can I use additional VFX or make modifications to the footage?
Yes, as long as you have full rights to use assets you use.
You may add VFX, color grade your footage, composite, create 3D elements etc.
Can I participate in the challenge with a trial account?
Absolutely. The challenge is open to all creators with a subscription or trial account.
Can I use watermarked songs in my video?
Yes, you can use watermarked songs from the Artlist catalog for this contest. Watermarked songs are available with a free trial account on Artlist.
Can I use watermarked footage in my video?
Yes, you can use watermarked footage from the Artgrid catalog for this contest. Watermarked footage is available with a free trial account on Artgrid.
What’s the deadline for my submission?
Submit your entry by September 23, 2021 at 6:00 PM GMT +3.
How will winners be chosen?
3 winners will be chosen from each category (1st, 2nd and 3rd place), plus 1 Judges’ Favorite. Winners will be chosen based on how they use music and footage to create a compelling, high-quality video. The judging criteria will be creativity, storytelling and technical ability.
The winners will be chosen by a panel of judges from the Artlist Creative team, as well as by a panel of external judges, made up of industry-leading filmmakers, editors and content creators.
You can get bonus points if you share your timeline breakdown on Instagram. Make sure to include the #AGeditchallenge hashtag and tag @artgrid.io and @artlist.io.
I want to use Artgrid footage in my video but I don't have a subscription. What can I do?
You can sign up for a free trial account on Artgrid and download watermarked clips. Watermarked clips from Artgrid are allowed to use for this challenge only.
Can I use any of the music, SFX or footage for future projects?
With a paid subscription, any media you download is yours to use forever. However, with a Free Trial account, you cannot use any downloaded media in projects outside of the challenge.
Why don’t I have access to download music and SFX?
You must create an account or log in to your Artlist account.
Why don’t I have access to download footage?
You must create an account or log in to your Artgrid account.
How do I create a timeline breakdown of my video?
To create a timeline breakdown video:
1. Record your screen (we recommend OBS for this)
2. Set up your timeline so that all of the sound effects are seen clearly and play the video while recording
3. Create a new sequence (1200x1200 or 1080x1350)
4. Import the screen recording and the final original video into the project
5. Drag the screen recording into the timeline and position it so that the timeline is on the bottom half of the composition
6. Use the 'crop' effect to crop the top half of the screen recording so that you're left with only the timeline
7. Drag the final video into the timeline and position it in the top half of the composition
8. Make final sizing/cropping adjustments to get it just right